Ever won any prizes from Spin and Wins? More specifically, actually useful prizes that you were eager to tear into immediately?
Or even things that serve a practical purpose? I remember though, leaving college fairs with fairly impractical gifts that I tossed under the bed upon reaching home.
In the spirit of naming and shaming all useless gifts, here are some gifts we think are really, really useless
- Neon woven eco-friendly bags
- Non eco-friendly bags that have the gall to have logos splashed all over them
- Ugly af fridge magnets
- Printed shirts that obviously won’t last 8 washes until the graphics peel and ruin your load
- Keychain torchlights that serve no real purpose
- Scratchy, poorly made pencil cases that you just don’t know what to do with
- Flimsy lanyards obviously designed by a) someone who clearly has no eye for aesthetics b) a three year old with scant understanding of complementary colours c) someone above the age of 80 who can only pick up neon colours
- Samples so small you wonder why they even bothered
- Food that’s close to expiry and before you know it, has expired
- Non-ergonomic mouse pad of dubious origins that you worry may cause combustion with prolonged usage
- The worst: vouchers at specific locations with minimum purchase
Whilst we can’t remove the proverbial bad taste in your mouth, we promise actually useful prizes, including
- Actually handy and actually chic notepads!!!!!!
- Newspaper print-ish umbrella, courtesy of our in-house designer
- Actually handy and actually useful towel for the gym
- An actually useful secret mystery gift
- Simply download the XINDOTS app and register with a local number before proceeding to the Spin & Win Wheel
- Starts from 11 am
- One attempt per person
- For both existing and new users
FAQ – SIMI XINDOTS?
We are a pre-ordering hawker food app centred within the CBD and tons of user-generated food reviews to boot!
Unlike other apps, you will NOT be charged an additional fee for our service
You get to order in the comfort of your office, or anywhere really
You do need a valid SG number
You do NOT need to be a first-time user to qualify for this promotion
Yes, our merchants include drinks, desserts, from Ang Moh style cupcakes to traditional Chendol, as well as secret CBD food spots (psst psst, The Arcade and Shenton House)
We work with over a hundred merchant stalls and food kiosks—and growing—that will satiate even the most demanding palettes